This week Mike and Paul are joined by friend and fan of the show, Fractures, as we take a look back at some 60's shenanigans!!
- Down on Derington Way - 9:38
- Doom Clock - 10:01
- Doomsplaining - 47:14 - This week we take a look at issues #117 and #118 from volume 1, by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani!
- Mailbag O Doom - 47:14 - We read your responses to the question, "What did you think of the new Doom Patrol #1?
Fire up the action chair, question normality, and take a drink (preferably a large one) as your favourite Patrologists get their hot hands on a comic they've been waiting for all this time: an all new Doom Patrol #1. What a time to be alive! LET'S GET PATROLLING!
- Down on Derington Way - 6:11
- Doom Clock - 7:48
- Doomsplaining - 10:55 - The moment we thought may never happen is finally here. Doom Patrol Volume 6, Issue 1. The beginning of the Way/Derrington era! Enjoy. Potential spoilers for those who are yet to read this issue.
- Mailbag O Doom - 49:43 - We read your responses to the question, "What is something you didn't know about comics at first?"
This week we are joined by special guest Steve Lacey, from the Fantasticast podcast, to discuss a special issue that is an..homage? Riff? Act of plagiarism?
- Down on Derrington Way - 14:35
- Doom Clock - 17:05
- Doomsplaining - 21:19 - this week we look at issue 53 of volume 2, from Grant Morrison and Ken Steacy - and with Steve's help we learn of a few similarities between this issue and some similarities with another fantastic foursome…WINK!
- Mailbag O Doom - 01:07:40 - We read your responses to the question, "What is your favourite fictional foursome?"
Horrible mutants! Horrible accents! Horrible Comic Book Science! Horrible Perve-O-Meters! Horrible reinforcements! Horrible nazi gorillas! Let's get horrible! No, wait, let's get PATROLLING!!
- Down on Derrington Way - 9:34
- Doom Clock - 14:33
- Doomsplaining - 17:53 - this week we head back to the 1960s, for issues 115 and 116 of volume 1, by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani!
- Mailbag O Doom - 49:19 - We read your responses to the question, "Who's your favourite character with a fin?"
Good grief! Mike and Paul are back and babbling on about the Doom Patrol again! Someone call in the government to put an end to this madness!
- Down on Derrington Way - 8:03
- Doom Clock - 11:47
- Doomsplaining - 15:15 - this week we look at issues 51 and 52 from volume 2, from Grant Morrison and Richard Case!
- Mailbag O Doom - 45:43 - We read your responses to the question, "Who's your favourite made-up spy person?"
After another run-in with those accursed Tech-Gods, we're back for more Doom Patrol-related shenanigans and madness (WINK!)! Plus we take our first steps into some new Patrol territory this episode, so LET'S GET PATROLLING!!
- Down on Derrington Way - 8:43
- Doom Clock - 13:01
- Doomsplaining - 16:33 - this week we look at the first two issues of Doom Patrol volume 3, from John Arcudi and Tan Eng Huat!!
- Mailbag O Doom - 54:45 - We read your responses to the question, "What's your favourite comic book accessory?"
High stakes wagers! Suburban castles! Mad scientist voyeurism! Punk-ass green kids with unfortunate hair! Bob Brown - not the Greens senator! Giant monitor…lizards?!? Snyder-esque destruction! Horrible accents! Embarrassing revelations! Holy crap this one has it all, so LET'S GET PATROLLING!!
- Down on Derrington Way - 6:46
- Doom Clock - 13:19
- Doomsplaining - 16:35 - this week we take a look at issues 1113 and 114 from volume 1, by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani!
- Mailbag O Doom - 54:45 - We read your responses to the question, "What's your favourite fictional family?"
The theme for this episode appears to be: So this weird thing happens. Right. Then another weird thing happens. Riiiiight. And then ANOTHER weird thing happens….RIIIIIGHT. In any case: LET'S GET PATROLLING!
- Down on Derrington Way - 7:32
- Doom Clock - 12:42
- Doomsplaining - 16:30 - this week we look at issues 49 and 50 from volume 2, by Grant Morrison, Richard Case, and a team of guest artists!
- Mailbag O Doom - 54:45 - We read your responses to the question, "What makes you try a comic?"
Despite Mike and Paul previously promising an amazing 'all mime' episode, WilFreD has used his terror-nology to overrule (and scare) them, in order to bring you something far more fitting for the Doom Patrol legacy, with an extra special guest - Paul Kupperberg!!
- Doom Clock - 2:56
- Doomsplaining - 6:32 - this week we have the honour and privilege of being joined by Paul Kupperberg, who gave us the second iteration of the team, lead by Arani and based in Kansas! We discuss his time on the book, as well as his latest work, which you can check out at www.paulkupperberg.com , www.crazy8press.com , and as part of the reborn Charlton Neo Comics at www.morttodd.com/charlton !
It's the inevitable, triumphant return of Waiting For Doom! LET'S GET PATROLLING!
- Down on Derrington Way - 5:36
- Doom Clock - 7:04
- Doomsplaining - 12:13 - this week we look at issues 17 and 18 from volume 2, by Paul Kupperberg and Graham Nolan! Not only were these tie-in issues to DC's 'Invasion!' crossover of 1988, but they were also the end of Kupperberg's time with the Patrol!
- Mailbag O Doom - 48:39 - We read your responses to the question, "What's your favourite spin off?"